I’ve found a great little freeware utility that gives you valuable information about your processor, and other hardware devices on your PC – CPU ID
From their site, heres what information is retrieved:
- Name and number.
- Core stepping and process.
- Core voltage.
- Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
- Supported instructions sets.
- Cache information.
- Vendor, model and revision.
- BIOS model and date.
- Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
- Graphic interface.
- Frequency and timings.
- Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
- Windows and DirectX version.
I ran this on my mums’ pc, in order to find out what processor it had, and here’s the results: