I ran into a problem with a Transactional Publication today.
I’d moved the database from old hardware, to newer hardware, and in the process, restored the SQL 2000 database onto SQL 2008 (running in SQL 2000 compatibility mode)
I’d re-created the publication, and initialized it.
After about half an hour, I checked the Replication Monitor, and noticed that it said:
Performance : Critical
Unfortunately, I don’t have a screenshot 🙁
Latency was also somewhere in the mid 40’s
I noticed that my recovery mode was FULL.
I changed this to BULK LOGGED, re-initialized replication, and this dramatically reduced the latency – down to 0.0 in fact!